Wednesday 3 January 2018

Happy New Year!





I hope you all had a lovely New year and Christmas time! 

I had such a busy December time, with Owl and Wallflower Etsy Orders, working on a huge vintage nature book update for the store and also a busy calendar of Christmas Markets and craft fairs at lots of lovely locations including Inglenook Lavender Farm in Rainford and the National Trust Property East Riddelston Hall in Yorkshire. 

It was so wonderful to have a few days off over Christmas time to spend with friends and family.  

And.... on New Years Eve, Tim proposed! I've attached a couple of photos below of the beautiful handmade Aquamarine ring he gave me. ❤️



On Another note, I'm currently working on a new botanical collection of handmade jewellery and am so excited to share it very very soon! I've been working on this for so long, so I'm really looking forward to finally be able to reveal the collection. 

Below is a little sneak peek into some work in progress... lots of pressed dried flowers. How beautiful is that blue and cream viola?! This collection will include pretty pastel pink Ballerina Roses, large Daisies, delicate pressed field Ferns and lovely Narcissi in a bright sunshine yellow colour. 







The jewellery is inspired by Floriography, the Victorian Language of Flowers during the 19th Century and botanical curiosities and collections in the 17th century. And of course,  the pieces are also influenced by my love of vintage and antique illustrated wildflower books, the work of Edith Holden and Marjorie Blamey.

The date of the collection launch is still to be confirmed but I hope to share a few more work in progress photographs within the next few days and some more information about the inspirations behind my jewellery. 

Watch this space!



SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment