Tuesday 6 December 2016

Woodland Jewelry Collection : My inspirations

I'd like to share with you some of my inspirations and a little about the process behind creating my woodland inspired jewelery collection. All of the pieces you see here are available in my Etsy store : www.owlandwallflower.etsy.com 
Spending time walking through ancient woodlands and deep dense pine forests is part of my process when creating new work. I collect pinecones, fallen leaves and acorns during my woodland walks to use within my photographs and to help inspire new work. I love sketch, paint and draw from what I find. I love watercolours and have this little blue tin that I have had for many years that is so easy and small to travel with. I would like to focus more time over the next few weeks on drawing as I find the whole process so relaxing. Sitting in stillness and painting is so calming. I am currently planning a new "nature's treasures" jewellery collection that will be released in the New Year and I would like to use my drawings for inspiration. The new collection will include real shell necklaces, amethyst pendants and quartz crystal point necklaces. I've been working really hard on bringing my designs to life and am so excited to share these new creations with you very soon.
I have created several bronze filigree leaf necklaces and I love how they represent the fallen leaves of autumn and remind me of wintery woodland walks when the leaves start to dissappear and become skeletal and so so fragile, almost like a moths wing.
I have several wood burned necklaces available here including this little toadstool pendant available for just £8.00. Each necklace is unique as I draw each design on by hand and then carefully burn in the illustration. I ship internationally and if you have any questions or queries please contact me on Etsy or Instagram as I am happy to help! They are made with either recycled wood or fallen branches. I love the idea of reusing something in my pieces and allowing you to take a little piece of the forest with you wherever you go.
A new design introduced to the my Etsy store recently is this tree of life necklace. The tree of life is such a spiritual piece and means many special things to different cultures and religions. To me the tree of life means wisfom and beauty and represents the eternity of the cycle of nature.








No comments:

Post a Comment